Apr 26, 2018

Women Who Inspire - Kajal Dharod From Your Learning Capsules - Interview Series

women who inspire interview series kajal dharod your learning capsules vitamin simple

I'm so excited to present this interview series for all you lovely readers of my blog. This series - "Women Who Inspire" features interviews of some lovely ladies that I know. I love what they do & I admire them a lot. I thought of passing some inspiration to all of you too! This interview series will give you a little sneak peek into the lives of these women.


Today, let us hear from Kajal Dharod (KD) who is the founder of Your Learning Capsules.

Kajal Dharod holds a Masters in Accounting, a Chartered Account and an MBA in Advertising and Communications Management. She worked in the Financial Software spectrum (SAP software) for about 13 years or so, and then took a hiatus. Her kids were 3 at the time, and she wanted to be based at home and not venture out until they were 5.5 and ready for kindergarten. She pondered quiet a bit on what she should be doing next, in that process she re-discovered herself as an indulged education partner. She wants to unlearn and learn and then decode learning to make it an enjoyable journey for the kids. With this intent, she brought Vitamin Simple to life in 2017.




Your Learning Capsules is her venture to introduce the concept of engaged and integrated learning. Vitamin Simple is the flagship brand of Your Learning Capsules with only one goal – to make learning Simple and Fun.

You can click to check out her Website & Facebook Group.

You can also find some of her awesome books in this blog's SHOP section HERE.



You can check out all the interviews in this "Women Who Inspire" series HERE.

K : Think back to five years ago. Did you envision this is where you would be?

KD : No, I did not see that happening over these last 5 years. However, in a very long vision I always wanted to be a part of education and be an educator. I always told people, I would retire as a teacher, never had a starting point figured out though!



K : What ignited the spark in you to start a new business venture? How did the idea for your business come about?

KD : I have twins, and I just loved being there, and as a natural mom instinct you are always educating your kids – not just book stuff, but so much from how to drink water to how to wear your clothes or be more tolerant , I mean everything ! I loved this ride as a hands-on mommy-teacher and this got me closer every day to discover a Starting Point to my life long goal to retire as a teacher, technically an educator (lol - don’t have teaching credits and don’t want to get in trouble with hard earned teachers with a teaching degree). Also, I am always haunted by creative spirits, not sure if they are white or black, but I am deeply driven to test the waters. 




K : Describe your typical day.

KD : Kuhoo, as a mom.preneur, you’d know best that the one thing we don’t have defined is “a typical day”. What I can tell you is days are very long, very tiring, and sometimes very frustrating and as in any venture your biggest investment is Time!

K : How many hours do you work a day on average?

KD : My days are balancing between kids, home and work – time put in specifically toward my venture is hard to carve out, because even if I am not on my desk working, in my mind I always am! But my days are really long, most days are a 16-hour bet and that includes weekends.





K : How do you approach risk-taking?

KD : Born and raised middle class, my virtue is conservative. To grow, I need to invest my personal finances into the business, but as much as possible I take slow and calculated risks – may not be in the best interest of the business most times.  I have a constant focus to ensure I bring the bare bones back home. It is overwhelming and taxing at times and it’s a daily mental juggle -“Are you sure this is going to work out, yes yes dreams are good, having a vision is good, yes maybe you do have it in you, but everything is a  “IF” . “

K : What has been your most satisfying moment in business?

KD : The biggest satisfaction is just the underlying fact that I am abled and positioned to pursue this venture.



K : What do you feel is the major difference between entrepreneurs and those who work for someone else?

KD : This answer is specific to my current environment and situation – and may not work as a general “for all” answer. For me the key to work is to be sincere – whether you are employed or you are starting on your own. So, the requisition is the same – employed or entrepreneur. You chose your path based on the situation, priority, interest, position and access – I was employed for all this years and just like now when I am on my own, I am all in!

Oh, one last thing, I definitely know one difference, when you are employed you are surely going to get that “fat check”, which right now in my dreams also I don’t get to see! (just kidding!)

K : Where you see yourself and your business in 10 years? 20 years?

KD : Well I am a Class A movie-inspired person, in my fact check sessions also some movie or character is playing at the back of my head which tells me I am going to get somewhere, I mean significant somewhere in 10 or 20 years. I better! I am aiming for Mars right now, but I am thinking at least the Moon, if not just on Earth, if nothing then better tried then not… jokes apart, I have no clue, but I do practice my Oscar speech every day, just in-case!

K : In one word, characterize your life as an entrepreneur
KD : Passionate!




Thank you so much Kajal for taking out time for this chit chat & I loved your witty comments! It was a wonderful talk session and I wish you good health, peace, happiness & success in your venture!

You can check out all the interviews in this "Women Who Inspire" series HERE.

Do not forget to follow "The K Junction" on Facebook page & closed Facebook groupTwitter and Instagram for day to day updates that might not always find a place on this blog. Subscribe to our YouTube channel to know more about our early learning journey, DIY & Montessori & Waldorf inspired activities for kids, kids books & toys reviews and much more!


Hope to see you around. Happy Parenting!


No comments:

Post a Comment