Aug 17, 2016

India Theme Montessori Inspired Activities For Kids (VLOG)



Here are some ideas of Montessori inspired fun educational activities & crafts for India's independence day for kids. Also mentioned are India themed books for kids that you can read aloud. 


I am following Montessori & fun learning philosophy for my son who is 18 months old now. This independence day, I set up India theme activities for him. Here is a quick video of all the activities on his Montessori shelf. 




Now this is another YouTube video showing how he enjoying doing these activities! 




Do subscribe to my YouTube Channel! Printables in the activities are from Mumma Diaries.

Apart from these activities, we are listening to some patriotic songs like Ae Mere Watan Ke Logon, Saare Jahan Se AcchaVande Matram, I Love My India, Sarfaroshi Ki Tamanna, Mera Rang De Basanti, Zindagi Maut Na Ban Jaaye etc. I have also put some India theme books on his bookshelf for this week. These books can be read to an older child as well. They are not just for young toddlers! Different age children have some different interpretation of the same book.  So go on & add them to your personal library :)


I am sharing the links for these books if you want to buy them online. 



Few that are not available on Amazon -
Handmade in India - Olivia Fraser
Dhammak Dhammak 
My Country 
Krishna with the Fruit Vendor - I got this from Iskon temple store in Pune


Hope you liked our independence day celebration in this special way :) Please share how did you celebrate independence day with your child. I would love to know!




Do not forget to follow "The K Junction" on Facebook page & closed Facebook group, Twitter and Instagram for day to day updates that might not always find a place on this blog. Subscribe to our YouTube channel to know more about our early learning journey, DIY & Montessori & Waldorf inspired activities for kids, kids books & toys reviews and much more!


Hope to see you around. Happy Parenting!


No comments:

Post a Comment