Dec 30, 2016

A Guilt Free Cake For Toddlers/Kids - Recipe


Cake in my house is always a hit! My mom is a pro in baking cakes. And this recipe of hers has been a favourite in my family & extended family. My son loves it too! I quickly converted my mom's original recipe to a healthier version so that I can give it my toddler happily without having to say "enough, now stop"!

INGREDIENTS NEEDED
  • Whole wheat flour – 1.5 cups (You can use maida or a mix of whole wheat flour & maida for a slightly unhealthy version of the cake)
  • Jaggery – ¾ cup (You can use sugar for a slightly unhealthy version of the cake)
  • Curd – 1 cup
  •  Refined oil – ½ cup
  • Essence (optional)
  • Baking powder – 1 tsp
  •  Baking soda – ½ tsp
  •  Oven or microwave
TIME REQUIRED FOR ACTIVITY PREPARATION – 20 Minutes

PROCEDURE
  • ·         Mix curd & Jaggery in a bowl
  • ·         Add baking powder & baking soda & let it sit for few minutes till the bubbles appear
  • ·         Add oil & essence at this stage if you want & mix
  • ·         Slowly add the flour & keep mixing it
  • ·         Mix it well with a spatula or with a blender. This is your cake batter
  • ·         Apply a thin coat of oil greasing on the baking container (I use Borosil glass containers for Microwave baking)
  • ·         Sprinkle some flour on the container
  • ·         Pour the cake batter into the container & put it in a preheated microwave or oven to bake
  • ·         For my microwave, I put it for some 8 to 9 minutes at 60 power setting. It may vary with the quantity you use & the microwave. Keep it for lesser time & keep checking if the cake is perfectly baked by inserting a greased knife in the middle of the cake in the container. If the knife comes out clean, the baking is complete
  • ·         Let it cool outside the microwave before you cut it

No comments:

Post a Comment