Jun 30, 2017

Fun Learning Activity Ideas For Toddlers & Preschoolers (2 - 3 Years) At Home (VLOG)

Ask a mother, she would agree how important it is to keep young kids (toddlers & preschoolers) engaged at home, especially 2 to 3 year olds ;) With the rainy season around, it is all the more necessary to have some activities for them indoor at home to reduce screen time. Being a Montessori mom & an early learning enthusiast, I set up my son's shelf activities at least once a month. Some of them are DIY too. 

Here are some ideas that you can borrow from the current shelf that I have set up for my son. He is 28 months (2.4 years) old right now & I am homeschooling him currently. Early learning has become my passion after my son was born. 

Here is the video of his current shelf and I have explained all the activities in detail. This kind of set up helps to keep my son screen-free. They are fun learning activities that we all can do at home.




I usually try to cover various areas (as suggested by Montessori) when I set up the activities like fine motor, logic, practical life, sensorial, language, math, open-ended play etc. But I do not necessarily have all of them and try to follow my child's interests always. In past, I have tried to include every area in principle and then my son would not touch some of the activities at all. There are so many ideas floating around on the net, specially pinterest, that it is so easy to get overwhelmed. So it is best to stick to what you think your child would like & what would suits his skill set. Every child is different & so are their interests & skill set at a given age.

Here are few glimpses of our setup in pics, if you do not prefer a video.

Rhyming Words
Rhyming Words 

Human lifecycle puzzle
Human lifecycle puzzle

Magnetic Blocks
Magnetic Blocks

Montessori Sensorial - Brown Stairs
Montessori Sensorial - Brown Stairs

Vegetable Puzzle
Vegetable Puzzle

Pretend Play - Aeroplane Set
Pretend Play - Aeroplane Set

Eduedge Puzzle
Eduedge Puzzle

Eduedge Puzzle
Eduedge Puzzle 2

Pretend Play - Building A Wall With Bricks & Cement
Pretend Play - Building A Wall With Bricks & Cement

Pretend Play - Army
Pretend Play - Army 

Hope you liked the ideas & I hope this will help you in reducing the screen time of your child (if you are trying to do that)


Do not forget to follow us on Facebook page & closed Facebook group, Twitter and Instagram for day to day updates that might not always find a place on this blog. Subscribe to our YouTube channel to know more about our early learning journey, DIY & Montessori-inspired activities for kids, kids books & toys reviews and much more!


Hope to see you around. Happy Parenting!



No comments:

Post a Comment